Yan22

Let's talk english !

Hum, yes, that's nice, thanks, but I usually listen this kind of video in english, but I don't understand very well on the whole (merci Reverso, ça veut dire dans l'ensemble), so, it's "décourageant"... yet, he speaks softly. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmbjIkEC4A

When you don't know how to say a precise word, it's better to express your idea from a different way ("I dont really want to continue because I feel lost") than just saying the french word "décourageant".

You probably know him but I would recommand you VanossGaming videos, like this one : http://youtu.be/LLpgMmy3n1Qto me, the accent and the contexte make it quote understandable. Also, it's very funny !

Modifié par GreenVivi

@GreenVivi Your english level is pretty good, I'm impressed! :)

@RV The best way to learn english is by understanding it first, then you should be able to speak it quite well. To begin, watch videos, tv shows or even movies in english and with english subtitles. Sometimes you don't understand, not because you don't know the word, but just because of the accent of the person, so the subtitles will help. And of course, when you find a word you don't know, translate it using an online translator (Google translate is quite good for single words). And everything GreenVivi told you is also good. :)

I see VanossGaming and he's really good, he have a different funny moment and I'm not agree with GreenVivi because he are understandable if you understand English but he was really good to do funny moment with his friends.

@RV The best way to learn english is by understanding it first, then you should be able to speak it quite well. To begin, watch videos, tv shows or even movies in english and with english subtitles. Sometimes you don't understand, not because you don't know the word, but just because of the accent of the person, so the subtitles will help. And of course, when you find a word you don't know, translate it using an online translator (Google translate is quite good for single words). And everything GreenVivi told you is also good. :)

Yes, certainly but I find that it isn't very util to listening english if I can't understand very well (it's too speed, etc...). Even with the subtitles, I haven't the time to understand and translate.

After revising the bases, I think it's better to learn english by reading and after listening, in this way, I'll learn and internalaze grammar and vocabulary. :/

Modifié par RVdelaVDA

When you don't know how to say a precise word, it's better to express your idea from a different way ("I dont really want to continue because I feel lost") than just saying the french word "décourageant".

That's what my english teacher always says. If you can't find how to tell something, use a "strategy" : find a way to say something similar, even if there's a little difference between the two expressions. You must speak as much as possible in english, it's the only way to significantly improve your level. Have you ever tried to post something on an english-speaking forum like GTAF ? It could be a interesting way to learn while talking about something you like...

Nice to see some french people speaking english, i speak also italian and the best way to learn a language is probably the practice. Actually, you have to speak with people. Watch tv series or movies in VOSTFR is not a good way for me, i learned italian in italia, of course, you have to study vocabulary, it's a step in your learning. Kisses :p

Like I said to RV on facebook, GTA is (to my mind) a good way to have some basic english vocabulary.

"Niggggaa", "Bitches", "Dick Head", "Asshole"...

An other way to be on top : working in McDonalds. All the products are named in the orginal language of the brand : The English (except in Canada).

Yan, the "croquette-boy" can confirm.

Yes, certainly but I find that it isn't very util to listening english if I can't understand very well (it's too speed, etc...). Even with the subtitles, I haven't the time to understand and translate.

After revising the bases, I think it's better to learn english by reading and after listening, in this way, I'll learn and internalaze grammar and vocabulary. :/

Util -> useful.

Well, even if we don't speak english very often (except from Yan, maybe), I think that speaking with us on this thread might be a good practice.

Vocabulary is useful, but you can still learn it while hearing english because of the letters, the context... For instance, watching Vanoss' videos helped me to learn some words and expressions because of the images and context. Also, his videos are (to my mind) funnier than most of the french ones like VodK's, because he cuts only the funny moments.

When you'll have your dose, I recommand you to see his pal's channels : Delirious, Lui, Daithi de Nogla, Mini Ladd... but don't go on IDoWrk's one if you don't feel ready, you won't understand anything because he pronounces less than half of the words.

Modifié par GreenVivi

Brian is in the kitchen.

:lol:

I can't stand Amercian accent.

:mad:

Apparently that's how I sound when I speak English (kinda obvious actually).

Even when I speak French, somebody told me that I don't have a big "Québécois" accent, but more like an American one. :|

Brian is in the kitchen.

:lol:

I can't stand Amercian accent.

:mad:

Apparently that's how I sound when I speak English (kinda obvious actually).

Even when I speak French, somebody told me that I don't have a big "Québécois" accent, but more like an American one. :|

For me, it must be the same. Even if I probably keep a french and "gaga" accent when I speak english ("Fouilla, howzitgoin' belet ?" No, not up to this point I think :p ), I try to imitate the American accent.

@SouthFool : Compare it to indian, british or australian accent and I don't think you'll keep saying this. To me, "light" American accent is the most understandable.