Yan22

Let's talk english !

Hum... so... for after-tomorow, I must do a resume of a movie ''Matilda" for my english homework. :/

Hum... so... for the day after tomorrow, I must do a summary of a movie called ''Matilda" for my english homework.

Hum... yes... okay... super... :iya:

By the way... How would you translate the following sentence ?

"Il veut que tu viennes."

You wanted to say "He wants you to come ?", didn't you ?

"He wants you to come", yes.

Hum... so... for after-tomorow, I must do a resume of a movie ''Matilda" for my english homework. :/

Hum... so... for the day after tomorrow, I must do a summary of a movie called ''Matilda" for my english homework.

Hum... yes... okay... super... :iya:

I've actually had this teacher in Math DNL (it's like a regular math lesson, but in english). And he says "Mmwwellll ok. Great !" (as you have probably noticed, there is no space between "Mmmwell" and "ok", unlike in french).

By the way... How would you translate the following sentence ?

"Il veut que tu viennes."

You wanted to say "He wants you to come ?", didn't you ?

"He wants you to come", yes.

This is exactly what I wrote in my first english test (it was... on my first english lesson :ph34r: ). And I got no point on this question. Because you had to say "He wants you to come along." (this was the only correct answer).

Now, how would you translate "Sur le panneau, il était écrit : "Parking interdit"".

This is exactly what I wrote in my first english test (it was... on my first english lesson :ph34r: ). And I got no point on this question. Because you had to say "He wants you to come along." (this was the only correct answer).

Tell your teacher that both of the answers are godd.

Now, how would you translate "Sur le panneau, il était écrit : "Parking interdit"".

"The sign says : No parking".

Tell your teacher that both of the answers are godd.

"The sign says : No parking".

1) I know both are OK, but you know, our teacher is a bit strange...

2) You would also have had 0 points on this question. :p

Mmmmmweel... ok... great !

Thank you Blueprint !

Well wtf. What was the correct answer ?

The sign said : No Parking.

Oh, well yes it's correct, my mistake. I tought you said "Sur le panneau, il est écrit". :p

Well wtf. What was the correct answer ?

The sign said : No Parking.

Oh, well yes it's correct, my mistake. I tought you said "Sur le panneau, il est écrit". :p

There were also a sentence containing "trois fois par semaine". I translated this part in "three times a week". I got 0 pionts. You had to say "thrice a week", which is, to my mind, a bit ridiculous and bougeois.

My final mark was 6/20, which is not so bad, as soon as you know that the average mark was 1.5/20...

"The French language is a woman. And this woman is so beautiful, so proud, so modest, if bold, touching, voluptuous, chaste, noble, familiar, insane, wise, we love her with all his soul, and that is never tempted of being unfaithful." (Anatole France)